BR Lessons Procedures and FAQ
For children under 2 years, please visit the Crawfish Swim School.
Lessons Parent Portal: Once you register for Swim Lessons through the website you will have access to our parent portal where you can view your classes, view transactions, update payment information and send messages to our Lessons Admin.
Log in to Parent Portal
Bluebonnet Location: Parking is available off of Anselmo Lane behind the Renaissance Hotel. Lessons will take place in the outdoor pool, however you will meet your instructor on the indoor pool deck each day (enter the indoor pool area closest to the outdoor pool). Location Information
Rain Policy: If it rains, all lessons classes will be moved to the indoor pool.
Closed Pool Deck Policy: Parents are not allowed on the pool deck during lesson time (with the exception of Crawbabies classes which require an adult in the water with each student). Your lessons instructor will connect with you each day to keep you updated on the lesson and progress. The final day of the session is Graduation Day for group classes! Please make plans to come on the pool deck for the graduation day.
Make up Policy: We do not offer make up classes or a change in class time once you have started the lesson session. We have specific instructor to swimmer ratios in place to ensure all children are safe and receive the same amount of instruction.
Swim Diaper Policy: All children who are under the age of 3, even if they are potty-trained, or older children who are not fully potty trained must wear a REUSABLE swim diapers (disposable swim diapers are not permitted). These are available for purchase at the facility. We are committed to providing our customers with the cleanest and safest facility possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support on this matter. Order a Swim Diaper for pick up on Day 1 of Class or visit the Crawfish Swim School where they carry these in stock year round.
Safety: Lessons Director & Supervisors are on the pool deck to monitor for safety and swimmer progress in the class, along with a Lifeguard. Instructors are CPR certified.
Pricing at a Glance
- Deposit: $50 non-refundable deposit per student per session of lessons.
- Group Lesson Session, 2 weeks (8 x 40 min classes, Mon-Thurs) (Youth & Adult)- $145|
- Group Lesson Session, 1 week (4 x 40 min classes, Mon-Thurs) (Youth)- $85
- Private Lesson Session (4 x 30 min classes, Mon-Thurs for 1 week)- $180
- Semi-Private Lesson Session (4 x 40 min classes, Mon-Thurs for 1 week) (you & 1-2 friends!)- $140 per person for 2 and $130 per person for 3
Multiple Swimmer or Multiple Session discounts are not available.
What you pay & when:
- Group Lessons (2 week): A $50 non-refundable deposit per student per session will be charged following online registration (within 1-2 business days). The remaining balance for each session will be charged to your credit card on file the Friday prior to the start date.
- Private Lessons & 1 Week Group Lessons: Full payment for each private lesson session will be charged following online registration. $50 of each session payment is a non-refundable deposit.
- Session/Class Time changes: There is a $5 administrative fee for changes made to your registration. Log in to the Crawfish Aquatics Swim Lesson Parent Portal or email email@example.com.
- Requests to change your registered session (change in time or moving sessions) must be requested 7 days prior to the first day of your scheduled session to transfer your deposit (Group Lessons) or full session payment (Private Lessons) to a new session. The deposit is transferrable or eligible as an account credit but refunds will not be issued.
- Refund of payments (less the $50 deposit) for canceled Private Lessons will be honored when request is made 7 days prior to the session start date. The $50 deposit will be transferable but not refundable.
- The Lessons Director will make any final decisions regarding refunds, transfers and credits.
Use the CA Swim Lessons Parent Portal to:
- Make a payment toward session balances (note that you are not required to initiate balance payments. CA will charge your CC on file for session balances the Friday prior to the start of each session).
- See Payment History and Upcoming invoice items (balances due for upcoming sessions)
- Update payment method
- See your enrolled lesson sessions or Enroll in additional lesson sessions
- Submit a request (can also email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please arrive 20 minutes early to check in and meet your assigned instructor. Arrive early enough each day to use the restroom and apply sunscreen and be ready to start on time. Due to small changing areas, we encourage you to dress for lessons prior to arriving at the pool when possible.
What do I need for lessons?
- Towel to bring on the pool deck.
- Goggles and swim caps are optional and will be for sale during your swim lesson session.
- Long hair should be pulled back into a pony tail to keep hair out of their eyes while they swim.
- Children under age 3 or older children not fully potty trained must wear 1 reusable swim diaper (disposable diapers are not allowed). Swim Diapers are available for purchase at the Bluebonnet facility as of April 2 and also the Crawfish Swim School on Siegen. Order a Swim Diaper
Important Facility Notice: Our female and male locker rooms are restricted to the same sex for anyone over the age of 3. There are portable restrooms available near the waiting area outside of the outdoor pool. Due to the restricted changing areas, we encourage you to dress for lessons prior to arriving to the pool when possible.
Assigned Instructor and Student Drop Off
- Note that if your child is in a Crawbabies class, an adult will be participating with them in the water so you will not be dropping off / picking up from instructors.
- You will meet your instructor on the indoor pool deck each day prior to the lessons (on the end nearest the outdoor pool).
- Each instructors’ names will be hung on the indoor pool deck wall where you and your child should meet their instructor every day. Do not drop a child off to wait alone; wait with them for the instructor for each class.
- Instructors will bring swimmers to the outdoor pool for their lesson. Children will be picked up on the outdoor pool deck after their lesson is finished.
- Some instructor assignments may change on the first day based on individual's skills within a group. In the event a change has been made the instructor will meet you after the class and share any additional information needed.
Pick up following lessons
- Group Lessons are 40 minutes and Private Lessons are 30 minutes.
- Parents pick up their children on the outdoor pool deck. The instructor will spend a short time with you to let you know what your child did in their lesson that day.
- Please be prompt in picking up your child so that our instructors can tend to their duties between classes. Daily follow-up with each parent is our priority.
- Please do not park in front of the outdoor pool ramp. Park in designated areas in the CA lots or the Renaissance lot.
The main emphasis of our lesson sessions will be centered on areas in most need of development, from water confidence and basic skills to advanced stroke technique and skill development.
We review Water Safety Daily, reviewing the Crawfish Water Safety Pledge:
-I will never go swimming alone.
-If a friend falls in the pool, I will not go in after him. I will go get help or give him something to grab. I will get HELP!
-If I fall in the pool, I will turn & grab the wall or turn on to my back and call for HELP!
- Our program is “lovingly disciplined”, but we still have lots of fun while we are learning by incorporating songs, games, and stroke drills into each lesson. To learn to swim and to be safe around the water, mouths, noses, eyes must get wet and heads must go under the water- we work with your new or anxious swimmer to accomplish this and celebrate their accomplishments!
- We keep our group classes small: 4 students to 1 teacher for most classes and ten student-adult duos to one teacher for classes in which parents stay in the water with their babies. These small class sizes ensure that our teachers give each child individual attention, and allow adequate time to gain an understanding of each child’s skills, personality, and learning style.
- The teacher will spend a few minutes communicating with you about your child’s progress at the end of each class. This is a perfect time to ask any questions and learn how to practice skills with your child outside of class or learn about other CA programs.
Many children can be anxious on the first day of lessons, before coming to the pool or when they realize they will be separated from their parents. Please know we are prepared to lovingly encourage your child and help them get over their fears and to learn to love the water and swimming.
We know it can be hard to watch your little one crying or scared. Our teachers and Deck Supervisors are all trained in handling these situations. Talking with the child, playing games, singing songs, and playing with toys can all be used to help ease the child into the class. If you need assistance with your child, please let our staff know so we can work with them. We want all children to feel comfortable and happy swimming!
Don't be upset with your child if they are nervous. Speak positive and encouraging words to them and praise them for their efforts. The quicker we can get them outside, the quicker they will calm down. Many go from tears to joy in the same day!
Important Note: An adult must accompany each student in the Crawbabies class to class and participate in the water. All other adults are asked to remain outside the pool deck until the final day of lessons, for graduation day.
Often times a child will direct their attention to a parent in sight instead of to the instructor. Our goal is for the swimmers to focus all their attention on the instructor during their lesson time.
Parents are encouraged to allow their child the learning opportunities that come with group lessons: self-regulation to pay attention to the task at hand, successes and failures, and adapting to the learning environment. Allowing your child to receive direction from the instructor alone during the practice session will help build independence and confidence in your young swimmer!
Parents can sit on the indoor pool deck or outdoor seating area. The gate to the outdoor pool will be shut once each lessons class begins.
Family and friends are invited to come watch the last day of the swim lesson session. You will get to see what your child has learned in their lessons so you can continue to work with them to help improve their swimming. There will be plenty of opportunities to take pictures, video and cheer for your favorite little swimmer as they demonstrate their new skills! Each child will receive a report card that summarizes what they have learned.
The Crawfish Swim School is a year round lessons facility offering weekly classes for beginner to experienced swimmers. Month to month enrollment and class offerings Monday through Saturday makes it possible to continue strengthening swim skills and developing new ones all year long. Gone are the days of "learning or re-learning" to swim in the summer only to put those skills aside from August to the next May. LEARN MORE
FAQ Regarding the Crawfish Swim School & Jump Start lessons at Bluebonnet facility
- Enrollment is not transferable from one location to the other. However provided that withdrawal from one program is submitted along the required timelines, refunds or in house credits may be given from the currently enrolled program. Our staff is happy to help you with enrollment at either facility.
- Where should you start? Jump Start 2 week intensives or the Swim School? While we strongly believe that year round swimming lessons are key to developing strong swimmers we know that convenience and family schedules are big factors in making this decision. If you are looking to get some quick tune ups for the summer or cannot commit to a weekly ongoing schedule at this time, Jump Start is a great option for solid lessons instruction all under the same curriculum and teaching umbrella. Once Swim School weekly classes are a good fit for your family schedule, DIVE IN! You can be "in and out" in 50 minutes when participating in a 30 minute weekly class.
Sign up for our Newsletter