Swim School Tuition & FAQ
Welcome, we are happy you are here!
The Crawfish Swim School offers swim lesson classes year-round in a once per week class format. Class schedules are run in 3 sessions (Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer) throughout the year.
- Tution is auto-billed once per month on a published schedule. See details under the Tuition section.
- If enrolling in Private Lessons (18 month+) or Water Tykes (6-28 month with adult), your enrollment is on a monthly basis. Tuition is auto-billed once per month & a drop form is required by the 15th of the month to withdraw during the session.
- If enrolling in Group Class, you are enrolling for the full session dates (pro-rates available for later session enrollment).
- Select your class format preference (Group or Private; class options will vary based on age and skill).
- For Group Classes, view the class levels for your age group, then select a class from the available schedule options. All registration is done online.
- Once you register online & create your Jack Rabbit account, you will receive an automated email to confirm class registration. You will receive a detailed confirmation email from the office staff confirming your first class date, fee schedule and dates along with other session details in 1-3 business days.
Once you submit your registration, that class day and time is reserved for you; therefore future start dates beyond first available class following the registration date are not available. Your first payment will be calculated based on the first available class date.
See more detailed information below or BEGIN REGISTRATION!
Prorates are available for enrollment after the Session has begun. Prorate is based on the number of classes remaining in that month depending on the program enrolled in.
Group Class and Water Tykes:
- $22.50 per class
- Each monthly payment for Group Classes during the session will reflect the number of lessons available to your swimmer for that month (Spring 2020 session payments: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, and May).
Monthly Enrollment (remain active & billable until withdraw- see policies)
- $55 per class during non-peak hours
- $65 per class during peak hours
- Peak hours vary by session:
-Fall/Spring: Mon-Thurs 4:00-7:00pm, Sat 8:00-12:00pm, Sun 2:00-5:30pm
-Summer: Mon-Thurs 9:00am-10:30am, 4:00-7:00pm, Friday 9:00am-10:30am, Sat 8:00-12:00pm, Sun 2:00-5:00pm.
Semi-Private $40 per class
Monthly Enrollment (remain active & billable until withdraw- see policies)
Automated payments post on the 1st of each month based on the number of classes offered in that month- $160-$200/swimmer per month.
Agreement Policies (these are posted as required agreements on your online registration form- please review in full when registering. For your reference & records, these are included in your registration email confirmation and Parent Portal once you register & create an account).
When and What you Pay
Billing of tuition is posted on the 1st of each month. Tuition will be pro-rated if you start after the 1st and will be based on the number of classes available that month.
Group Lesson & Rising Stars Session-based Enrollment Policies
Enrollment is session-based, therefore there is no withdrawal prior to the end of season date. Absences will not be credited towards future tuition.
Private Lessons & Water Tykes Monthly Enrollment Policies
Mid-month registration for Private Lesson classes (or when receiving 2 or less classes in that first month) requires commitment to enrollment for the full upcoming month.
To withdraw from a class: Complete the online withdrawal form by the 15th of the month to be removed from the class and automatic billing. No verbal withdrawals will be accepted.
Absences will not be credited towards future tuition.
Swim Diaper Policy
- All children who are under the age of 3, even if they are potty-trained, or older children who are not fully potty trained must wear a REUSABLE swim diapers (disposable swim diapers are not permitted). Leg openings should not allow more than 2 fingers between the suit and diaper. Please do not buy a size for your child to "grow into" as the elastic on the leg openings must be tight enough to contain a bowel movement. These are available at the Swim School for purchase.
To schedule a make up, go to your Parent Portal and select from the available make up dates on the calendar.
- The $5 make up fee is processed at the time of registration to reserve your swimmer’s spot in the make up class. The $5 fee and make up class are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of make up attendance.
Make Up Policy Terms
- Each swimmer is allowed two make up lessons per session.
- Make up classes are a courtesy and are are subject to availability. There are limited make up classes available. Make up classes can be scheduled in advance for any times available as soon as you know the date(s) your swimmer will be absent.
- Advanced notice of the absence is required to be eligible for a make up class. *Missed lessons without advanced notice of absence are forfeited.
- Make up class must be reserved through Parent Portal only. No verbal registration will be taken.
- Make up classes will be offered during designated make up class times, in a group class format.
- Make up lessons are forfeited when a swimmer withdraws from the program or at the end of the session. Make ups are not carried over session to session.
- Make up classes are non-transferable between locations.
- Absences and make-ups are not eligible for future tuition credit.
Access to the parent portal is established AFTER you register for Swim School classes online. Each location requires an individual membership account.
Use the Swim School Parent Portal to:
- Schedule a Make Up class
- See Payment History and Upcoming invoice items
- View Policy Agreements
- See your enrolled classes or enroll in additional classes
- Book a party or sign up for a Splash & Play event through the calendar
Spring 2020 Session Dates: Monday, January 6- Thursday, May 21
Spring 2020 Closure Dates:
-Mardi Gras: Saturday, February 22- Tuesday, February 25
-Easter: Friday, April 10-Sunday, April 12
-Mother's Day: Sunday, May 10
Inclement Weather Policy
We make every attempt to maintain normal business hours and will rarely close during inclement weather. In the rare occurrence we are unable to stay open we will notify families via email and our Facebook page. Please make sure your Swim School account email is up to date and you have our email saved in your contacts. If we cancel classes or close due to weather, swimmers whose classes are cancelled will be given a free make up lesson. Make ups must be scheduled through the online calendar and the $5 fee will be waived. If we remain open and you do not attend your regular class, you may use your allotted session make up classes at the standard make up fee of $5 (the fee will not be waived).
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your class and encourage your child to use the bathroom before the lesson begins. We strive to start each lesson on time with all class members present for the start.
- Bring a towel and goggles. We also have both available for purchase.
- There are lockers available for storing personal items.
- Rinse off showers are available on the pool deck (required before starting lesson).
- The Deck Supervisor will open the pool door to call for your class. Please wait in the viewing area until called to enter the pool deck. Only participating swimmers will come on deck (with the exception of those in Water Tykes who take the class with an adult).
- Please tie long hair back or wear a swim cap.
- Cell phones are not permitted on the pool deck (due to glass screens).
- If your child is distracted by seeing you in the viewing area there is additional seating available where you will be more out of view so they can focus their attention on their instructor and all can remain on task. Please refrain from waiving and tapping on the glass. We want to make the best use of all instruction time!
Above all make sure to enter the Swim School with Excitement! Starting something new in a new place can be scary, but it can also be fun! Talk with your child about how excited their lesson instructors are to meet them and teach them new things.
How long will it take for my child to learn how to swim?
- Children are at different levels in maturity, physical coordination, and development. Some have no inhibitions about water while others have some anxiety about the water or putting their face in the water.
- Our curriculum is built with an understanding that some children will progress more quickly while others may take some time to get acclimated and before they progress more steadily through the levels.
- Whatever the case, we teach each child with a gentle and encouraging approach and recognize that every child is different and has different needs. Our goal is to challenge your child and lead them along the path of learning to swim.
What if my child is scared or cries?
- We know it can be hard to watch your little one crying or scared. Learning trust is a big part of swimming. Trust is gained over time, not just a few lessons.
- Our teachers and Deck Supervisors are all trained in handling these situations. Talking with the child, playing games, singing songs, and playing with toys can all be used to help ease the child into the class. If you need assistance with your child, please let our staff know so we can work with them. We want all children to feel comfortable and happy swimming!
Why Semesters & What Should I know about Levels for Group Classes?
- There are 3 basic Group Classes (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced) with a range of skills and milestones to work toward in each Class. Naming the Class is simply a way to group students in a more organized way and not to label them as a swimmer. At another program using these names a student might fall into a different level but our groupings are unique to us.
- What about “in semester” promotions? If a swimmer is advancing much more quickly than the rest of the class, we will work with you to find a more appropriate class to finish out the semester, however our skilled instructors are equipped to work with the range of skills and abilities within each Class level.
Sign up for our Newsletter