Age Group Long Course State Championship (at LSU)
July 06, 2023
Team Worker Assignments- Lane Timing Sign up
*Please note that Senior swimmers not participating in the Age Group championship will not be allowed on deck / in the team areas during the meet. Any swimmers attending that are not meet participants will need to be in the spectator areas or sign up for a lane timing slot to be "on deck".
Provide own timer: All Thursday events are provide own timer. During prelims, the 400 Medley Relay, the 400 Free, 800 Free, 1500 Free is "provide your own timer". Lap Counters for these races must be other athletes.
-Shirt Colors: Thursday: choice, Friday: Make Waves, Saturday: Red, Sunday: Black
*Email Coach Helen- email@example.com by Wed, July 5 if you need to purchase shirts.
-Swim Cap: Black CA swim cap (there will be extras for sale as needed)
-Sunday Finals: Hawaiin theme dress! Let's get the full team back for Finals!
Pool Layout / Entry & Exit points for Swimmers, Coaches, Spectators
- POOL LAYOUT/ MAP
- Facility doors by the tennis courts will be open for coaches only and not a spectator entrance.
- Athlete/Coach/Officials Entry: Side doors facing Chimes
- Parents/Spectators: enter through the main lobby doors (the doors that face Nicholson). Spectator seating is in the raised bleachers along the main pool. Tents can be set up outside but no chairs are permitted inside the facility. There are NO parents/spectators on the pool deck unless working as a timer, Marshall, Official. This includes the team areas. Goal of the deck restrictions is to provide a safe and working deck for the athletes.
- Crawfish Team Seating (athletes only) assignment: All teams have assigned seating areas for athletes. Crawfish swimmers area will be the bleachers by the diving well. In addition to the Crawfish coaches, we will have Emily Mayo serving as the "parent helper" for our team area (for all sessions).
- Front Lobby Areas: D&J Sports and Concessions will be available in the front lobby area.
Meet Schedule & Details
- Provide own timer: All Thursday events are provide own timer. During prelims, the 400 Medley Relay, the 400 Free, 800 Free, 1500 Free is "provide your own timer". Lap Counters for these races must be other athletes.
- Thursday: 4:00pm warm up, 5:00pm start. (all other state swimmers not competing on Thursday will have Thurs practice).
- Prelims, Fri/Sat/Sun: Arrive by 7:45am (athletes should be inside, at Team Area by this time). Dynamic on deck warm up at 7:55am as a group. Pool Warm up (2nd warm up)- 8:00-8:25am. Meet begins 9:00am.
- Finals, Fri & Sat: Warm up (2nd warm up)- 4:25-4:50pm. Arrive by 4:15pm. Meet begins: 5:00pm
- Finals, Sun: Warm up (2nd warm up)- 3:25-3:50pm. Arrive at 3:15pm. Meet begins: Start 4:00pm
- Sunday 800 Warm-ups: 1:30-2:00pm/ Meet Starts 2:10pm
- Sign in events: 10 & U 200 Free & 200 IM, 400 Free, 400 IM, 800 Free, 1500 Free are sign in events (sign in closes at 8:45am or 15 min prior to the start of the session, whichever is first). Coaches will confirm & handle athlete sign ins. The Top 16 for 10 & U 200 Free and 200 IM and Top 8 in the 400 Free and the 400 IM will be swum at Finals & all others will swim during prelims session.
- Breaks during prelims: On Friday, 10 minute break before the 400 Medley Relays. On Saturday, 10 minute break after the Relays before the 400 Free.
- Breaks during finals: Friday, after event #12, 13-14 100 Back (10 min), Saturday after event #38, 200 Breaststroke (10 min), Sunday after event #66, 100 Breaststroke (10 min)
-Relay events are timed finals (swim once).
-Always check with your coach about being on a relay team before leaving a session. If you are not swimming one session, you may be swimming in a different session- always confirm!
-14 & Under 400 Free relay is Thursday evening and 400 Medley relay is Friday morning at the end of prelims.
-10 & U, 12 & U, 14 & U 200 Free and 200 Medley relays are at the end of the prelim session on Saturday & Sunday.
Meet Information for Parents from Louisiana Swimming & Meet Host:
- Heat Sheets will be sold from the Main Lobby (enter through the doors facing Nicholson).
- Each Team has an assigned Team Area at the meet. These areas are for SWIMMERS and coaches only. Seating assignments for swimmers will be announced the week of the meet..
- Locker Rooms are for SWIMMERS ONLY.
- Parents can bring tents to set up the field in front of the pool.
- Addtitional facility notices from the host team:
1. No taping to walls
2. No sitting in door ways
3. No moving fans
4. No plugging in your own fans / cooling systems
5. Chairs are allowed in the dryland area but must be removed between sessions
6. No standing along the rails in the spectator bleacher area.
- Concessions, D&J Sports, Spectator Restrooms:
Concessions, D&J Sports will be set up in the front lobby (facing Nicholson) on the Spectator bleachers side. Restrooms for specators / non-athletes are also at the Scoreboard end of the facility. There will also be bathrooms available at the tennis and sand volleyball courts for parents, coaches, and officials.
$15 meet surcharge, $6 per event and $10 team championship meet fee.