Crawfish Developmental Meet (Feb 2019)
Sat, February 16
First Swim Meet? Come get your picture taken wtih our "My First Swim Meet" board before the meet!
Schedule: Warm up: 9:30am // Meet begins: 10:15am and is about 1 hour!
- Wear your black CA swim cap!
- All races in the will be swum in the Scoreboard (indoor) pool.
We will use the Scoreboard pool for warm up (possibly moving some to the record board pool but report first to the scoreboard pool to check in with coaches).
Some groups warm up a little longer than others. If your swimmer finishes warm up before 10am, we will send them back to you for a few minutes before we start lining up for events. When both pools are cleared of all swimmers warming up, that is when we start lining up for the 100 IM, the 25 fly and the 25 free (events 1-6!).
When to line up for your races / What to do:
- We will have plenty of coaches on hand to direct you and your swimmers! Once athletes report to their designated "line up" area based on the event distance they are swimming, coaches will organize them into their heats/lanes.
- 50/100 yard races start from the diving blocks and 25 yard races start from the bulkhead (divider between the pools).
- Swimmers in the 25 yard races will be lined up by the coaches along the glass wall of the Record Board pool and walked out on to the bulkhead (divider between the pools) for their races (they will race from the bulkhead toward the scoreboard).
- Coaches will begin lining up athletes in events #3-6 (25 Free or 25 Fly) once warm up is finished. If they are also swimming 25 Breast or 25 Back, they will return to the "line up area" after their first race!
- Swimmers in the 50 & 100 yard races will line up behind the blocks under the scoreboard. Coaches will be behind the blocks to help! A good rule of thumb is to be behind the blocks 8 heats/races before your heat/race.
- If your athlete is swimming 25 yard and 50/100 yard races in the meet, please help direct them to the correct end of the pool for lining up as they transition back and forth!