Crawfish Developmental Meet: July 2019
July 20, 2019
Crawfish Aquatics swimmers in Novice, 8 & Under, Age Group at Crawfish Aquatics Baton Rouge location.
Meet Fee of $10 will be posted to your account on August 1.
Warm up: 9:30am / Meet starts: 10:00am
Wear your black CA swim cap!
All races in the will be swum in the Scoreboard (indoor) pool.
-Age Group division swimmers / Junior Red will warm up in the Record Board pool.
-Craw Swim School, Novice and 8 & U swimmers will warm up in the Scoreboard pool.
-When both pools are cleared of all swimmers warming up, that is when we start lining up for the 100 Free, the 25 fly and the 25 free (events 1-6!).
When to line up for your races / What to do:
- Following warm up, swimmers in Events 1-10 should line up for their first race (note- there are no swimmers entered in Event 7-8, 50 Fly.)
- 50/100 yard races start from the diving blocks and 25 yard races start from the bulkhead (divider between the pools).
- Swimmers in the 25 yard races will be lined up by the coaches along the glass wall of the Record Board pool and walked out on to the bulkhead (divider between the pools) for their races (they will race from the bulkhead toward the scoreboard).
- Swimmers in the 50 & 100 yard races will line up behind the blocks under the scoreboard. Coaches will be behind the blocks to help! A good rule of thumb is to be behind the blocks 8 heats/races before your heat/race.
- Coaches will begin lining up athletes in events #1-8 once warm up is finished. If they are also swimming 25 Breast or 25 Back, they will return to the "25s line up area" after their first race!
If your athlete is swimming 25 yard and 50/100 yard races in the meet, please help direct them to the correct end of the pool for lining up as they transition back and forth