Crawfish Developmental Meet (October 2020 at CA BR)
Friday, October 16
Lane Timers Needed! Sign up (best spot to see the meet!)
Facility Guidelines / Meet Procedures
- Current facility guidelines for practices are in effect for the meet. Come dressed in suit / Leave in suit! Locker rooms are limited usage.
- No spectators on the indoor pool deck. Coaches, meet mgmt, timers will wear face coverings on the indoor pool deck.
- All races will take place in the Scoreboard end pool, however both pools will be used for warm up (see below for pool assignments).
25 yard events start from the bulkhead (divider between the pools) and 50/100 yard events start from the blocks.
- Bleachers will be available for seating and chairs are welcome in open areas. Seating must be outside so that we can meet indoor facility requirements.
Viewing will be possible outside all along the glass doors (which will be open)- we are asking parents to rotate in and out of this area in order to watch their athletes.
- Masks are required outside when social distancing is not possible and any time inside, with the exception of the athletes entering with their heat for their race (social distancing will be maintained).
Athlete Check in for Races
- Session 1 & 2- there will be a "clerk of course" where the coaches will line up the swimmers for their races. We will line up swimmers for all races along the record board end pool- girls will be lined up on the locker room side and boys on the garage door side. Girls will check in with coaches under the record board and boys will meet by the Info Booth/just outside those garage doors. After they finish their first race and stop off for a hug or high five, swimmers will report back to the coaches at the clerk of course to get organized for their next race.
- Session 3- swimmers will check in at the clerk of course outside the back hallway. Swimmers will report 4-5 heats ahead of their race (pro tip- make a note on your heat sheet 4 heats ahead of your race as a reminder to go line up!). We will line up 2 heats at a time in the back hallway and walk the heat in to line up behind the blocks, one heat at a time. We will have lots of coaches on hand to help get everyone to where they need to be!
Meet Schedule & Heat Sheets
- Session 1: Ages 7 & Under
4:15-4:30pm warm up and meet starts 4:40pm
Warm up assignments: 8 & U groups, Record Board pool. Novice groups, scoreboard pool.
- Session 2: 8-10 years
5:20-5:35pm warm up and meet starts 5:40pm (check in with coaches at 5:15pm)
Warm up assignments: 8 & U, AG1 and MS Training group, Scoreboard pool. AG2, AG3, J Red & Novice, Record Board pool.
- Session 3: 11 & O
6:15-6:35pm warm up and meet starts 6:45pm
Warm up assignments: MS Training groups and AG2, Recordboard pool. Novice, AG1, AG3- Scoreboard pool.
Meet Fees: $10 per swimmer will be invoiced to your November 1 invoice.