LA Senior State Championship (Sulphur)
February 10, 2022
Lane Timer Sign up (grab a friend & split a session! This will truly be the BEST view in the house).
-Shirt Colors: Thursday: choice, Friday: White or Gray, Saturday: Red, Sunday: Black
-Swim Cap: Black CA swim cap (there will be extras for sale in Sulphur as needed)
Meet Schedule & Details
Athletes should always communicate with their coach to confirm times during the meet as to what time to be at pool for warm ups.
- Format: The meet will be run in ONE pool. Top 24 from prelims in the 400 IM and 500 free and the Top 32 from prelims in all other events will swim at Finals (1000 Free Thursday / 1650 on Sunday is swum mixed, timed finals
- Team Cheers: Swimmers report to the team bleachers 10 minutes prior to the start of each session for the Team Cheers.
- Relays: please confirm with your personal coach if you are on a relay. Most scenarios have been discussed so your athlete has an idea if they are on a relay or could potentially be on a relay.
- Thursday (1000 Free/ 800 Free Relay)
-4:00pm warm up/ 5:30pm start (all other state swimmers not competing on Friday will have Thurs practice locally).
-800 Free Athletes Arrive no later than 4:00pm, Relay athletes at 5:00pm and athletes loosening up 6pm
Prelims begins 9:00am and Finals begins at 5:00pm. We want athletes arriving at 7:40am for prelims and 3:40pm for finals. Please confirm with coaches.
- Sunday (note- finals starts 1 hour earlier!)
Prelims begins 9:00am and Finals begins at 4:00pm. Arrive at 7:40am for prelims and 2:30pm for finals. Athletes in 1650 Freestyle warm up information will be provided, but all heats will run slowest to fastest with the final heat finishing at 2:50pm prior to the warm ups that begin at 3:00pm.
Important Information for Parents from Louisiana Swimming & the meet host:
- Each Team will have assigned Team Areas at the meet. These areas are for SWIMMERS to sit. With the amount of swimmers in the meet, we cannot accommodate room for parents. We ask that parents plan to move in and out of the pool area as swimmers swim events. The waterpark area will be open for parents to sit along with the gym (west half) on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There will also be bleachers set at the end of the pool in between the pool and the warm-up pool and or near the entrance for parents to sit.
- Parents will NOT be allowed past the bulkhead in the competition pool during the meet. The area directly next to the competition pool will be reserved for coaches and swimmers ONLY.
- Locker Rooms are for SWIMMERS ONLY. Restrooms for parents/ coaches/ and officials will be available in the Water Park area.
- Outside Chairs are not allowed on the pool deck. This does not include the area around the warm down pool.
- There will be a livestream starting Friday AM for all sessions. More information on how to access it will be sent out and posted on the Louisiana Swimming Website.
- A Reminder that no food is allowed on deck and no drinks other than water and gatorade are allowed on deck.
- Crawfish Swimmmer Entries
- School Excuse Letter
- Meet Information (includes Event Order by day)
- Qualifying Times
-$10 Championship Meet Team Fee
-Standard meet fees /surcharge as outlined in the meet invitation
- Hampton Inn: 210 Henning Drive. 337.527.7700. $145/night. Booking deadline is January 13, 2022. Block Name/Code is CFA.
Holiday Inn Express: 102 Mallard Street. 337-625-2500. $144/night. Booking deadline is January 11, 2022. Block Name is Crawfish Aquatics.
Best Western Plus. 1200 Pintail Street. 337-625-9000. $144/night. Booking deadline is January 11, 2022. Block Name is Crawfish Aquatics.