13 & Older Short Course State Meet
Thurs-Sun, Feb 14-17
Timing Assignments and Friday dinner help
Traffic/Travel Message from SPAR
The 210 Bridge is down to one lane each way due to re-decking of the bridge. Please be advised that you should add one hour to your travel into Sulphur each way and it is recommended that in the morning you are in Sulphur by 7am and in the afternoons in Sulphur by 3pm to avoid traffic problems.
Updated Meet Schedule (2/11/19)
- Thursday: 4:15pm Warm Up 1000 Freestyler / 4:45pm Warm Up 800 Relay Only and others not competing Thursday- Meet Starts at 5:30pm (different from Meet Invite)
- Friday-Sunday: Prelims 7:45am Warm Up and 9am Meet Start and Finals, 3:45pm Warm Ups and 5pm Meet start
**individual modifications will be discussed directly between coaches and athletes if coming in later for both prelims and finals
- Prelims are run in 2 pools with the Odd heats running in one pool and even number heats running in the other pool (so no "girls pool/boys pool").
**Friday morning the heats will continue to run ODD/EVEN for the 400 IM. There will be a 10 minute break.
**Saturday & Sunday AM the pools will go to a Girls Pool/ Boys Pool format before the start of age group relays & remain that way for distance events.
- All PM/Finals races are run in the scoreboard/main pool in regular event order.
- Reminder: sign in swimmers promptly each morning and a reminder that you can declare AM or PM on sign in distance events.
-Friday, following the Finals session at SPAR (under the overhang area outside main entrance). Provided by Crawfish for swimmers & families!
-Purchase your White CA Swim Cap (will be available at the meet- BR athletes should get from Info Booth in advance!)
-Thursday: Tie Dye (from summer), Team One or Choice if you do not have either
-Friday: Gray shirts
-Saturay: Red Shirts
-Sunday: Black shirts
- Psych Sheet
- CA Athlete Entries
- Meet Invitation/Order of Events
- Meet Info page on LA Swimming
- School Excuse Letter
-$10 travel meet fee
-Standard meet fees/surcharge invoiced post meet ($12 meet surcharge, $5 per event, $12 per relay / $3 per relay swimmer)
Sulphur Aquatics Center:
933 W. Parish Road, Sulphur, 70663
Hampton by Hilton Sulphur/Lake Charles Area
210 Henning Dr, Sulphur, LA 70663
$129/night for doubles, Kings and King Suites
1-888-370-0981 and mention group code CBA in February 2019 for reservations.
ONLINE BOOKING LINK