8 & Under Championship
Saturday, March 16
Crawfish has been assigned to 3rd warm up group, from 9:40-10:00am. Please arrive no later than 9:30am to check in with coaches and be ready to start warm up at 9:40am. The meet begins at 10:30am with the Freestyle relays as the first event. The coaches will organize the swimmers in the relays after our warm up session ends. We will have an assigned team area, so look for the coaches/team banner when you arrive!
During the meet, there is a clerk of course for the 25 yard events set up in the bleachers near the locker rooms. Swimmers will check in there to be organized into heats/lanes and the meet crew will walk them to the bulkhead for those races. For the 50 yard Free/100 IM swimmers will line up behind the starting blocks like a normal meet. Coaches will be on hand to help direct and we will go over these details at the meet while the swimmers are in their warm up session.
- Warm up is 9:40-10:00am. Please arrive no later than 9:30am to check in to team area/with coaches. Please note that the Sun Belt Conference basketball tournament is being held on Saturday at the UNO arena, so be prepared to park where directed by parking officials.
- Heat Sheet
- Timing Sign up (need parent volunteers!)
- Entry Report
- Outfitting: Black Crawfish swim caps only and Red CA shirts!
- UNO Aquatics Center: 6801 Franklin Ave, New Orleans, LA 70122. ICE CHESTS ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE UNO
- Relays: Check in with coaches about medley relays prior to leaving the meet (even if your child is not on a Freestyle relay at the start of the meet, they may be on a medley relay)! Freestyle relays will be coordinated immediately following warm up.
- Meet Awards: the coaches will receive these at the end of the meet and distribute to swimmers the week after the meet at practice! If you can, please stay until the end when they announce the Team Standings and the indivdual age group (6 & U, 7 year, 8 year old) high point!
Heat Sheet will be published on Thursday (we will email you when it is posted!).
The 8 & Under Championship at UNO is a one day meet featuring the 25 yard of each stroke, 50 free, 100 IM and free/medley relays. This meet is a special championship meet for swimmers 8 years and younger only. There are separate age divisions for 8-years, 7 years and 6 & under for competition and awards are given 1st-16th place for all individual events and 1st-8th place for all relay events.
Sign up by March 6 (this will take you to your TU account)
Tentative Schedule: 9:30am warm up / meet begins 10:30am
UNO Aquatics Center: 6801 Franklin Ave, New Orleans, LA 70122
Event Order: 100 Free Relay, 50 Free, 25 Fly, 25 Back, 25 Breast, 25 Free, 100 IM and 100 Medley Relay.
Attire: Red CA T-Shirts and Black CA swim caps
Relays: Check in with coaches about medley relays prior to leaving the meet! Freestyle relays will be coordinated immediately following warm up.
Notice for BR swimmers- there is no practice the week of March 4-10 BUT the coaches will run a practice on Thurs, March 7 and Fri, March 8 for the swimmers signed up for the 8 & U Meet (only meet participants!), 4:30-5:20pm. Come both days if you can!
USA Swimming Membership- $20 Flex Membership- Note for BR 8 & U & Novice members:
- USA Swimming Membership: This meet requires USA Swimming registration. USA Swimming is now offering a "Flex Membership" for $20 per year (rather than $75). *Previous information stated this was $10 but we have been informed the final rate for 2019 is $20. We apologize for incorrect information sent out previously.
- A Flex membership allows a swimmer to compete in 2 USA Swimming sanctioned meets per calendar year. After that, if they wanted to do a 3rd meet in that year, they would need to upgrade to the full membership (and pay the difference of $55).
- As a reminder, the Developmental meets that CA hosts are NOT sanctioned meets, so would not count toward their 2 annual USA swimming sanctioned meets! Most that purchase Flex will be able to stay Flex all year and/or can choose to only participate in 2 USA Swimming sanctioned meets each year. The 8 & U Champs is a GREAT meet to use as 1 of the 2 you wlll get with this membership!
- Swimmers in Novice, 8 & U, AG will have the option to be Flex each year. Those that have the Full membership will be able to renew for 2020 as Flex status ($10) rather than Full status ($75). As we work with this new option from USA Swimming and the 2020 registration period approaches, we will communicate with athletes about renewal options.
- Your online sign up through TU will be the "authorization" for the $20 Flex membership fee to be charged to your account on file if your athlete does not already have USA Swimming membership.
$15 athlete surcharge
$3.5 per event
$2 per relay event