Lafayette Lessons Policies
Contact this Location
- Rain Policy: Lessons are held in our indoor pool and classes will not be canceled unless there is extreme weather. In the event that swimmers cannot enter the pool and we must postpone class 15-20 min, teaching time will be added to the following classes as needed for make up.
- Closed Pool Deck Policy: Parents are not allowed on the pool deck during lesson time, until the final class of the session. Your lessons instructor will connect with you each day to keep you updated on the lesson and progress.
- Make up Policy: We do not offer make up classes or a change in class time once you have started the lesson session. We have specific instructor to swimmer ratios in place to ensure all children are safe and receive the same amount of instruction.
- Swim Diaper Policy: All children who are under the age of 3, even if they are potty-trained, or older children who are not fully potty trained must wear a REUSABLE swim diapers (disposable swim diapers are not permitted). These are available for purchase at the facility. We are committed to providing our customers with the cleanest and safest facility possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support on this matter.
Parking: Parking is available on the CA sided of Susan Street, in the CA parking lot, or in the Lafayette High Football Stadium lot only. Please do not park on the Lafayette High side of Susan Street.
What you pay & when:
- Session Tuition Payment: Full payment for each lesson session will be charged following online registration (within 1-3 business days).
- Non-refundable deposit: $50 of each session payment is a non-refundable deposit.
Session/Class Time changes: There is a $5 administrative fee for changes made to class registration. Log in to the Crawfish Aquatics Swim Lessons Parent Portal to submit a request or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests to change your registered session (change in time or moving sessions) must be requested 7 days prior to the first day of your scheduled session to transfer your deposit (Group Lessons) or full session payment (Private Lessons) to a new session. The deposit is transferrable or eligible as an account credit but refunds will not be issued.
- Refund of payments (less the $50 deposit) for canceled Lessons will be honored when request is made 7 days prior to the session start date. The $50 deposit will be transferable but not refundable.
- The Lessons Director will make any final decisions regarding refunds, transfers and credits.
Parent Portal (Jack Rabbit)
- Lessons Parent Portal: Log in to Parent Portal
Once you register for Swim Lessons through the website you will have access to our parent portal where you can view your classes, view transactions, update payment information and send messages to our Lessons Admin (or email directly to email@example.com).
Please arrive 20 minutes early to check in and meet your assigned instructor. Arrive early enough each day to use the restroom and be ready to start on time. There will be a Parent's meeting at the covered picnic area once swimmers are in the indoor pool.
What does my child need for lessons?
- Bring a towel.
- Goggles and swim caps are optional and will be for sale during your swim lesson session.
- Long hair should be pulled back into a pony tail to keep hair out of their eyes while they swim.
- Children under age 3 or older children not fully potty trained must wear 1 reusable swim diaper (must be snug fit).
Assigned Instructor and Student Drop Off
- Prior to the start of class swimmers & parents should wait under any of our covered areas. Do not enter the indoor pool area to wait for instructors or class there.
- Swimmers will meet instructors behind the Slash Pad/ Baby Pool 5 min prior to class start time. Do not drop children off to wait alone. Please make sure your swimmer is with their instructor prior to returning to a waiting area.
- Instructors will bring swimmers to the indoor pool for their lesson and return swimmers to parents at the covered picnic table area after class.
- Some instructor assignments may change on the first day based on individual's skills within a group. In the event a change has been made the instructor will meet you after the class and share any additional information needed.
Pick up following lessons
- Parents pick up their children from the instructor at the covered picnic table area behind the splash pad. Please do not enter indoor pool or wait at the front of the building to pick up your swimmer.
- The instructor will spend a short time with you to let you know what your child did in their lesson that day.
- Please be prompt in picking up your child so that our instructors can tend to their duties between classes. Daily follow-up with each parent is our priority.
- Parking is available on the CA sided of Susan Street, in the CA parking lot, or in the Lafayette High Football Stadium lot only. Please do not park on the Lafayette High side of Susan Street.
The main emphasis of our lesson sessions will be centered on areas in most need of development, from water confidence and basic skills to advanced stroke technique and skill development.
We review Water Safety Daily, reviewing the Crawfish Water Safety Pledge:
-I will never go swimming alone.
-If a friend falls in the pool, I will not go in after him. I will go get help or give him something to grab. I will get HELP!
-If I fall in the pool, I will turn & grab the wall or turn on to my back and call for HELP!
- Our program is “lovingly disciplined”, but we still have lots of fun while we are learning by incorporating songs, games, and stroke drills into each lesson. To learn to swim and to be safe around the water, mouths, noses, eyes must get wet and heads must go under the water- we work with your new or anxious swimmer to accomplish this and celebrate their accomplishments!
- We keep our group classes small: 4 students to 1 teacher for most classes and ten student-adult duos to one teacher for classes in which parents stay in the water with their babies. These small class sizes ensure that our teachers give each child individual attention, and allow adequate time to gain an understanding of each child’s skills, personality, and learning style.
- The teacher will spend a few minutes communicating with you about your child’s progress at the end of each class. This is a perfect time to ask any questions and learn how to practice skills with your child outside of class or learn about other CA programs.
Many children can be anxious on the first day of lessons, before coming to the pool or when they realize they will be separated from their parents. Please know we are prepared to lovingly encourage your child and help them get over their fears and to learn to love the water and swimming.
We know it can be hard to watch your little one crying or scared. Our teachers and Deck Supervisors are all trained in handling these situations. Talking with the child, playing games, singing songs, and playing with toys can all be used to help ease the child into the class. If you need assistance with your child, please let our staff know so we can work with them. We want all children to feel comfortable and happy swimming!
Don't be upset with your child if they are nervous. Speak positive and encouraging words to them and praise them for their efforts. The quicker we can get them outside, the quicker they will calm down. Many go from tears to joy in the same day!
Important Note: An adult must accompany each student in the Crawbabies class to class and participate in the water. All other adults are asked to remain outside the pool deck.
Often times a child will direct their attention to a parent in sight instead of to the instructor. Our goal is for the swimmers to focus all their attention on the instructor during their lesson time.
Parents are encouraged to allow their child the learning opportunities that come with group lessons: self-regulation to pay attention to the task at hand, successes and failures, and adapting to the learning environment. Allowing your child to receive direction from the instructor alone during the practice session will help build independence and confidence in your young swimmer!
Sign up for our Newsletter